Moving house is one of the most stressful of times. It’s also a true nuisance in terms of shifting large amounts of materials around. It does nothing for your peace of mind, and seems to aggravate other situations. The most important thing you need to know is that there are options. These range from selective self storage to virtual waste management, but they all help.
Defining the issues
When moving, the decisions seem to multiply. That’s an avoidable situation.
Start with the most practical issues:
- What absolutely must be moved with you?
- What can be stored or thrown out?
- What are the easiest ways of moving?
- What don’t you need?
- What can wait until after you move?
You now know what needs doing, it’s just a question of how you do it. This is where you can mix quality of life with your move. The other problem, well known to everyone at some point is that gnawing feeling that you’re lugging around a garbage dump. These things may be quality of life issues, and you can organize yourself to deal with both issues. For once, moving can be a positive thing.
A few more “What” questions:
- What absolutely has to be replaced anyway?
- What would you like to not to have to move?
- What would be the best way of organizing your move, not moving the garbage, and having the new stuff you want?
You see how the logic works- If you don’t want to be lumbered with unnecessary things, this is your chance to do something about it.
Organizing the move
The organization process can be quite simple:
- Dump everything you want to replace first. This creates a lot of space, and naturally makes the move easier. You can start with a fully furnished two bedroom place, and wind up with about half or less of that
- Storage: If you want to keep things but don’t want to have to move them immediately, self storage is much easier. Your removalists can get all of that out of the way before you move, again creating space and reducing the physical mass of your move and the related hernias.
- The new things: The replacements and quality of life upgrades can be scheduled to be delivered direct to the new place at your leisure, and most importantly not when you’ve just spent days tackling the move and are too tired to think about more hard work. You also don’t have to find space, because you’ve already created plenty by ditching the obstacle course before you moved.
These arrangements may cost a bit of money, but they also drastically reduce the complexity of the move. You may actually save money by not having to pay by the hour for moving things you’ve eliminated from the move. Your new place will be beautiful, and you can also take the opportunity to get your living space better organized.
20 thoughts on “The Moving Issue: How To Stay Sane and Upgrade Your Quality of Life As Well”
Here’s another tip: Don’t fall asleep next to your boxes until they’ve been unpacked.
Thanks for sharing such useful practical tips and information. I like the pic and information of moving house on your blog.
Nice info here. I have realized if I had only identified the things I want to be moved I didn’t had a hard time moving in. After I moved on my new pod the place was a disaster, It took me 3 weeks to completely arrange the pod because of unwanted things I brought in. Thanks for this. The next time I move it must be stress free. Cheers!
Thanks a lot for sharing such an informative tips with us…Great tips …this one is really very much helpful for me.
okay, thanks for sharing with us here…
it will be my consideration before moving…
Thanks a lot for this informative post! Loved it! I’ve recently purchased some beautiful light oak furniture, but its gone to my old house before the move… 🙁 Great one.
No, but seriously tips like this can really help when it gets stressful during a move as it inevitably does. Cheers
Study in Australia, is a dream of youth generation. Even i wanted but i can not go there but luckily my all friends are study in Australia and i miss them.
Thank you to share this great information. We must improve our personality and control on emotions in Bed room.
Really its a very tough job to shift from one place to another , It simply looks like a burden but you have provided very useful tips here in your post.
I will definitely take care of all the tips you have provided here!
This is my first visit on this blog and i found this blog very much interesting and informative too.Good work keep it up.
I am not getting you more updates…..Please tell how me that how can i get all the updates of this blog.
Good tips, sanity is important! You didn’t mention the legal and conveyancing side of stuff though, and i’d say that was quite a big one for maintaining sanity.
Pingback:Top 10 Asbestos Myths and Answers - Daily Healthcare
Thank you) is very detailed and honest answers
Pingback:Marketing Your Home For Sale - The Realty Blog
Pingback:Why remember my login system on the new hardware? | Jared Leto
I think we should per-plan fist and them move. thanks
Thank You for Your great post.Hope You will post more in future.
Thank You for Sharing this useful blog.
Such a great blog, Thanks for sharing